AFRECS’s purpose is to hear and respond to the voices of our brothers and sisters in the Episcopal Church of South Sudan and in the Episcopal Church of Sudan.
AFRECS’s goals are to:
- Encourage American dioceses, parishes, and the Executive Council, as well as Sudanese living in the U.S., to become involved in Sudan by promoting awareness of Episcopal Church of South Sudan and Episcopal Church of Sudan needs and priorities
- Help U.S. dioceses and parishes share experiences and information about Sudan through conferences, a newsletter, referrals, and a web site
- Amplify the voice of Sudanese Christians by adding our united voices to theirs in prayer, worship, and witness
- Help promote successful resettlement of Sudanese by linking diverse efforts to resettle, recognize, and empower Sudanese in the U.S.
- Communicate regularly with friends of the Episcopal Church of South Sudan and the Episcopal Church of Sudan in other provinces of the Anglican Communion