AFRECS’s purpose is to hear and respond to the voices of our brothers and sisters in the Episcopal Church of South Sudan and Sudan (ECSSS).
AFRECS’s goals are to:
- Encourage American dioceses, parishes, and the Executive Council, as well as Sudanese living in the U.S., to become involved in Sudan by promoting awareness of ECSSS needs and priorities
- Help U.S. dioceses and parishes share experiences and information about Sudan through conferences, a newsletter, referrals, and a web site
- Amplify the voice of Sudanese Christians by adding our united voices to theirs in prayer, worship, and witness
- Help promote successful resettlement of Sudanese by linking diverse efforts to resettle, recognize, and empower Sudanese in the U.S.
- Communicate regularly with friends of the ECSSS in other provinces of the Anglican Communion